Sometimes you get to the end of a year and all you can say is, “Glad that one is over!” While 2015 contained some serious personal trials, it also brought successes. One of which is the official beginning of Minivan Ministries. I’m so glad that you joined me on this journey! It’s been a fast 4 months. Looking back on the past few months has helped me focus my goals on the future. I want to tell you, after prayerful consideration, what you can expect in 2016.
What You Can Expect in 2016:
- The 2016 Book Brigade! I hope you will join us here on the blog, and on Periscope, for our monthly book club. We will enjoy a mix of Christian parenting and homeschool books, as well as a couple “just for fun” Christian fiction books thrown in!
- January will bring The Luke 10:27 Challenge. We will focus having healthy hearts, minds, bodies, and attitudes toward others.
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” Luke 10:27 NIV
- In February, we will have a
Valentine Family Adventure(in a similar format as our Autumn Family Adventure) focussing on showing love to others. We did some Valentine family activities such as How to Make Your Home a Haven and Loving Your Neighbor Through RAK, but rolled them into the end of our Luke 10:27 series. You may find a Valentine Family Adventure next year. Sorry if you were looking forward to it!
- March will bring Lent for All (Lent for for non-Catholics. I had never even heard of this until I was an adult!), a brief look at Saint Patrick and missions, and an Easter Study.
- April will bring lots homeschool tips, product reviews, and sharing new friends, as I report back what I learned at the conferences I attended in March.
- This summer will bring summer family fun. There will also be a Virtual VBS and a Summer Reading Bonanza with specific book challenges and fun coordinating activities.
And that’s just half the year! I will save the rest of 2016 as a surprise, though there are already big things planned! You can also be on the lookout for giveaways. There may even be an eBook by yours truly thrown in the mix!
Again, thanks so much for being here and playing such an important role in this ministry. God is good. Together I hope we can help spread His love to the world, starting with our very own little ones. Let’s hope for great things in the coming year. Happy New Year!
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:30 NIV
What would you like to see at Minivan Ministries this year? I would love to hear your ideas!