I was reimbursed for my ATG Today app in exchange for my honest review. All opinions and thoughts are my own. I want to recommend only the best to my Minivan Ministry community!
As a parent, it’s not always easy to squeeze in quiet time with God. Even when quiet time is a top priority, it is quite normal for parents to get interrupted. The baby wakes up. Someone wants a snack. A boo boo needs to be taken care of, etc. There are no foolproof ways to make your quiet time a reality, but there are a few things you can do to make it more likely to happen. Here are a few easy ways to make your quiet time a reality….Here are a few easy ways to make your quiet time a reality.... Click To Tweet
“Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10 ESV
5 Easy Ways to Make Your Quiet Time a Reality
- Get up early. Have you noticed this is a trend? All the moms seem to be talking about it. 5:00 or 5:30am seems to be the golden hour. If I wait until even 6, it seems I have one or two wide-eyed dreamers wander in.
- No time to read? Cue up the worship music and the audio Bible. If you are listening to worship or the Word, your kids may stop and listen to. This makes it doubly beneficial as your kids are getting blessed too!
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.” Psalm 119:9 ESV
- Pray for opportunity, but only if you want an answer! I know of at least one person who prayed for God to give her time with Him. She started waking up mysteriously at 3am every night!
- Get involved in a Bible study. If you are doing Bible study with someone else, you will be more accountable. Plus it’s fun. You may even consider doing Bible study with your kids. If they are getting into the word with you, they definitely won’t be distracting. You might be surprised by their insights too. You may even want to check out something like a Community Bible Study group where you and your kids can study the same thing and have classes at their own levels.
- Download the ATG (Awakening to God) Today app. The ATG Today app is a combination memory work/Bible study and journal. They even have suggestions of how you can challenge others to do it with you.
More About the ATG Today App
The Awaken to God Today app is designed as an easy way to make your quiet time a reality. It only takes 8 minutes to complete. You can do your Bible study before you even get out of bed if you wish! Even a few minutes can have a big impact on your life.
- When you first open the app, it gives you a Bible verse that you can meditate on and memorize. The verse is sharable and downloadable.
- Then you can fill out 3 quick questions that get you thinking about your day. These are designed for the morning to get you thinking about your plans and how God works into the equation. The ATG Today app works perfectly with any Bible study you may already be doing.
- One of my favorite things is that you can go back and add a picture from the day. It’s perfect if you are doing a 365 Project! (That’s one photo per day every day of the year!)
- In the evening, there are specific questions to help you analyze your day with God and grow in your faith.
May God Bless Your Quiet Time!
I hope you easy ways to make your quiet time a reality. I know it’s hard. This area is a recurring struggle for me. I do know that when I take the time and make time with God a priority, I am a much better version of myself because God is living through me.
Have you tried the ATG app? What help you be consistent in your quiet time?