If you are like me, you get tired of doing the same devotionals time after time. We like to try new things. One of our latest finds was “Bible Force: The First Heroes Devotional.” BibleForce Devotional: The First Heroes Devotional is truly a “super” new devotional.
Bible Force: The First Heroes Devotional
BibleForce Devotional: The First Heroes Devotional is a “super” new devotional from Tommy Nelson Publishing that will make you want to embrace your inner super hero. My 12 year old son was with me when it arrived in the mail. He had it open and read interesting facts to me before we could even get back in the front door. We were both learning new things. For example, did you know that the place that Abraham was tested was Mount Moriah, the same place where Solomon later built the Temple of the Lord?
There were several things that I loved about this devotional:
- The superhero and comic book style appeals to many kids who love graphic novels–like my oldest 2!
- The first page of the devotional is a verse straight from the Bible.
- The introduction explains what true heroes are–heroes who place thier faith in God.
- Each devotion includes fun facts that are provide quick background information.
- The devotions are very conversational and begin by helping the children relate to the story,
- “Hero Training” and “Be a Hero” sections help children apply the Bible story to their own lives so that they can be heroes too.
- There is a nice pictorial timeline in the back that incorporates some world events with biblical events.
- There is also a great Bible map.
Reviews from the Experts
In case you don’t want to take my word for it, here are some reviews from a few experts…the kids!
I loved all the vibrant colors and cool illustrations! It was super cool how they made hero stories out of awesome bible stories. I liked the cool facts they told about the characters and loved how action-y it was, I also appreciated the questions that helped me grow my faith. -Will (12 years old)
I thought the pictures were cool because they look 3D.I like the comics. I loved learning about the Bible heroes. My favorite Bible hero is Rahab.I think the BIBLE FORCE: THE FIRST HEROES DEVOTIONAL is great devotion for kids and their families.- Gemma (8 years old)
It is a comic book that looks cool. There are a lot of Bible stories for families and children. The people look a small bit realistic. There are large letters to start the first word. There are pages that say “New Testament” and “Old Testament” to split up the stories into the Old Testament and New Testament.–Aaralyn (6 years old)
Write Your Own “Super” Devotional
If your family enjoyed this super, new resource, try writing a BibleForce Devotional: The First Heroes Devotional inspired devotion of your own. Even though there are 100 Bible heroes covered in the devotional, you will still be able to find some not included. You can also create your own version of the Bible heroes already shared in the book. You might want to check out BibleForce: The First Heroes Bible for inspiration. Here is the link to the printable.
Enter to Win your Own Bible Force Devotional
You can enter here to win your own copy of BF. Best of luck!
What are some of your favorite Bible heroes?